General Builder/ Working Foreman – Palmers Green N13
General Builder / Working Forman – required for a well-established Construction company based in Palmers Green N13.
We undertake loft conversions, extensions, refurbishments along with alterations and redevelopment of existing buildings.
We use traditional skills and modern building techniques to accomplish the final finish that our clients expect. This will require a confident and competent foreman, preferably with a Bricklaying background.
The site foreman provides leadership and is responsible for (although not limited to)
- Supervision and leadership of the labour on site
- Ensuring site safety is maintained
- Overseeing productivity of the sub-contractors and Traditional Staff
- Keeping up with their own work load and productivity on site.
- Quality control
- Site administration
- Solving issues that arise on site in a calm and measured way.
As a key participant in the relationship with the company, sub-contractors and the client.
The working Foreman has specific areas of responsibility’s:
- Reading and understanding the Job specification totally before starting any work.
- Keeping in communication with the site supervisor and the office
- Keeping to the schedule whether on a physical printed schedule or as a verbal conversation with the Site Supervisor at the commencement of the work.
- Any disciplinary matters will be given directly to the Site Supervisor and not taken up in any confrontational way on site, whether with directly Employed Staff or Sub-Contractors.
- The Working Foreman will assign tasks and phases of work to the employed Staff and Sub-contractors. Along with discussing all stages of work with the Site Supervisor
- The Working Foreman will fill out either a site diary or daily report sheets every day to keep an accrete record of both who is on site and what tasks have been undertaken each day.
- Maintaining work standards and morale of all trades on site. This is to stop any bad feelings on site. Applying the principals of work place respect on site.
- Prioritising work to ensure the projects run with no overlapping of tasks.
- Discuss any issues with the Site Supervisor in private , this will stop any unnecessary problems arising with a free-for-all debate with trades men/sub-contractors /clients on site.
- A Working Foreman will be expected to keep their own work rate going as the Site Supervisor is there to help with the ordering of materials, plant and allocation of labour.
Traditional Building will give you all the help and resources required for you to role as Foreman.
- Help with paper work and understanding forms, schedules and Specification’s
- Help with the ordering of materials planning of the sequence of work.
- Help with talking to sub-contractors and clients about problems in both attitude and in procedural ways
- Help with Health and Safety both in training and in the work space.
We like to hire for the long term – you will need to be reliable and loyal to be considered for this role.
We have a very careful and selective selection process and we only hire the very best.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm
If the above role sounds of interest to you, please send us a copy of your CV and a brief cover letter outlining why you feel that you are the right candidate along with desired rate of pay.
Ideally the role is for immediate start or ASAP.
Key Word: Builder, Brick layer, Bricklayer, Working Foreman, Site Manager, Site Management, Carpenter, Construction Manager, Multi Trade, Multi Trader, Multi Trade Operative, Plumber, Electrician, Builder, Carpenter, Tiler, Decorator, Painter, Handyman, Working Foreman, General Builder